[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: American quality standards.

Dave Dodge dododge
Thu Mar 16 07:18:02 CET 2006

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 12:20:05AM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> If we're listing all the video connectors we should also include ASI.

Is that used at all in the US?  My favorite US broadcast supply house
has even fewer ASI products in their catalog than SCART :-).  Searches
indicate it's mainly DVB-related, and I don't know much about what US
satellite gear is using these days.  Interestingly, DVB-ASI is
apparently similar enough to SDI from an electrical standpoint that
many SDI routers can pass it -- though they won't be able to
understand the data.

Some related pages to this discussion:

http://www.interfacebus.com/Design_Connector_Video.html
http://www.tvtechnology.com/features/Media-Server-Tech/f_media_server.shtml