[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Problem with output_example (3gp files)

Baptiste COUDURIER baptiste.coudurier
Mon Mar 20 19:16:01 CET 2006

Hi,

Mantenna wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a problem with output_example on linux redhat 9
> and FFMPEG-CVS (180306).
>
> I have tried to generate a file.3gp with this video
> stream settings:
>
> The output file.3gp is readable from VLC player, not
> with QuickTime player 7.0 (an -50 unspecified error),
> but not some mobile phone as Motorola A835(video is ok
> but no sound).
>
> I'm sure that this mobile phone is to able to read and
> play this special file format (H263+AAC)
> because i've created a test file.3gp with ffmpeg:
>
> ffmpeg -i Xlab2.mov -s 176x144 output.3gp
>
> and it plays correctly.
>
> Is there any initialization missing for the AAC codec
> to open it?

ffmpeg -i <file> -s 176x144 -vcodec h263 -ab 8 -ac 1 -ar 11025 -acodec
aac test.3gp

works fine here with latest cvs and Quicktime Player 7. Maybe you need
to update ffmpeg ?

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312