[Ffmpeg-devel] New Video Codec for low grunt embedded CPU's

Mike Melanson mike
Tue Mar 21 22:47:28 CET 2006

Steven Johnson wrote:
> It helps, Thanks for the pointers, unfortunately nothing quite fits the
> bill.  Unfortunatley, because if there was an immediate choice to use, I
> would definately use that rather than think about implementing "Yet
> Another Codec".

	Last year, I experimented with a codec I called PAVC:

   http://multimedia.cx/eggs/category/open-source-multimedia/pavc/

It was being designed only to handle palettized data, and a very
particular type of palettized data-- specifically, stuff that was
generated from a video game console where much of the data is the same
from frame to frame but offset a few pixels from the previous frame.
Like I said, a very niche type of data.

--
	-Mike Melanson