[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Bug - Framerate limitation for H.264 in .mp4

Tyler Loch TylerL82
Wed Mar 22 01:02:17 CET 2006

Baptiste COUDURIER <baptiste.coudurier <at> smartjog.com> writes:
> First one is fine. Second has really weird stts atom :
>
> first stts duration is set to 1001000 while timescale is set to 15015000
> Duration overflow.
>
> How come time_base was 1001000 / 1515000, what was the source ?

The source for that clip was a QuickTime video at 10fps,
converted with ffmpeg at 15fps.

When converted at 10fps, the clip reaches farther into the timeline...but
only up to that ~2,150th frame. Converting it at 30fps only reaches about a
minute into the clip before the ~2,150th frame is reached.

It doesn't matter what the source or output framerate is... That ~2,150
frame limitation seems to be strangely absolute.

**BUT**
After doing some more tests...I found that this bug is only triggered when a
framerate is explicitly set on the commandline (-r 30, etc). If ffmpeg is left
to figure out framerate on its own...the video is finished without incident.

I'll post some examples in about 15 minutes.

-Tyler Loch