[Ffmpeg-devel] Matroska Patch

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Mar 22 11:18:19 CET 2006

Hi

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 09:29:01AM +0100, Steve Lhomme wrote:
> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> >Steve Lhomme <steve.lhomme at free.fr> writes:

> >>Because ? The idea here is to be able to get 30000/1001 for matching
> >>default_duration. The rest of the time the more basic time_base (25/1)
> >>is found. That's at least the theory. In practice it doesn't work
> >>well...
> >
> >If it doesn't work, why are you sending a patch?
>
> I didn't say it doesn't work. It does work most of the time. Which is a
> huge leap forward compared to the current Matroska parser in libavformat.

when theresa a bug
1. send a bugreport, explain what doesnt work
2. send some files so we can reproduce it
3. analyze debug it
4. fix it / send patch

you only do 4., and we tell you your fix is wrong, and you expect an
explanation? well ill explain why this is wrong when you explain what
exactly you are trying to achive with that code

> >>For some reasons MSVC doesn't like a variable called time. It must
> >>be defined as a macro somewhere. And changing a name can't be such a
> >>bad change.
> >
> >Then figure out why.  We don't support msvc, and will not accept
> >arbitrary patches to make it work without an explanation.
>
> Maybe it's a bug in MinGW (again). That code is old, I submited a patch
> a long time ago and nothing got accepted.

why wasnt it acepted? just curious ...

> It's really disappointed to give you code (up to the point you just have
> to click on a button to commit it) and being returned lame comments and
> flame. I'm sorry I'm not using your ace compiler on your ace OS. And
> still, I make softwares and I fix your bugs. If you think you can do
> better, do it. But when someone fixes a bug (or more) you shouldn't spit
> on him like you do...

what do you do if you are allergic on lets say eggs, and someone knowing that
always adds an egg to every piece of food they give you?
hint: we are allergic on compiler bug workarounds

Michael