[Ffmpeg-devel] circular dependency betweenlibavcodecandlibswscale

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Thu Mar 23 12:38:35 CET 2006

Luca Abeni wrote:
> Hi M?ns,
> On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 08:53 +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>>Luca Abeni <lucabe72 at email.it> writes:
>>>Another solution I was thinking about would be to move av_log, av_malloc
>>>& friends to libavutil. So, swscale would only depend on libavutil. But
>>>I failed in getting a similar move accepted some time ago, so maybe this
>>>is not the correct solution.
>>IMHO those functions belong there.  The move was postponed until after
>>the move to subversion so we can move files and keep the history.

As author of them I agree.

> Well, when I wrote "I failed in getting a similar move accepted" I meant
> that I did not know what happened to my patch.
> Nice to know that it has not been forgot, and will be applied when
> moving to svn (I did not know that "svn mv" preserves the history).

Actually, a move in CVS does not destroy the history. You remove the
file in one project, add it to another one, your history simply gets
split in 2 and becomes harder to access. But its not lost.

Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director
T +32 [0] 2 790 29 41
F +32 [0] 2 790 29 02