AW: [Ffmpeg-devel] Urgently need help converting RTP payload backto AVI Frame

Wiese, Hendrik hendrik.wiese
Thu Mar 23 13:04:01 CET 2006

> > as mentioned recently I need help decoding a bunch of RTP payloads
> > (packed as raw in a binary file) and reencoding it into an
uncompressed
> > AVI stream to compare the original and the reencoded stream later...
> > don't really know how to do that and I can't find any documentation
> > regarding this. The only documents I found were about encoding an
AVI
> > file to RTP payloads (via the callback)... but nothing about the way
> > back.
> >

> you are doing a codec copy over 2 different containers, given you may
> have some timestamp issues you may never be able to get a binary
> identical file from those steps.
>
> lu

Yes, I know. That is what we want to do. The original and the
regenerated
AVI files don't need to be binary identical. They will be compared for
quality
issues. That's what we need. So the question remains... How to do that?

Hendrik