[Ffmpeg-devel] Optimised yuvj420p_to_rgba32

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Thu Mar 23 15:04:58 CET 2006

Hi Michel,

On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 14:26 +0100, Michel Bardiaux wrote:
[...]
> Well, I'm a little bit concerned about the recent move to go for
> swscaler in ffmpeg. I'm afraid of being stuck between a fast GPL scaler
> and a second-rate LGPL one.
I think you do not need to be worried about this: if you do not
explicitly enable swscale, the "old" ffmpeg scaler/image converter will
still be available as it is now.

Unfortunately, noone seems to be interested in developing an LGPLed fast
& optimized SIMD scaler. I waited an ethernity for it, but no
improvements for years. I have not the knowledge nor the time to develop
it by myself, so the best thing I can do is to help porting swscale.

				Luca
                               N O    W A R ! ! !

 Sponsor:
  Vuoi bere tanta acqua pura e risparmiare ben 495 euro all'anno?
* Con BeviSano avrai finito di comprare acqua in bottiglia - clicca qui
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3628&d=23-3