[Ffmpeg-devel] contrib question

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Thu Mar 23 16:01:44 CET 2006

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 05:31:48PM -0800, Madan Ankapura wrote:
>
>>I am interested to be part of your effort and contribute to the
>>codebase eventually, is their a todo list. I did go thru some features
>>requests in sourceforge but they are spread all over the place. Do you
>>have any suggestions to get started ? or looking for help in any
>>particular area.
>

> Something to get you started quickly would be to convert some of the
> remaining (f)printf calls to av_log.  This has been on the ToDo list
> forever and it is simple janitorial work that will get you to see most
> of the whole codebase.
>
> Diego

Its not that simple a job (I know, I've tried). In many cases it is far
from obvious what the verbosity level should be; and if you think you'e
guessed it, the author disagrees!

Also, many of the remaining printf are inside #ifdef-ed code, and it is
not clear at all where to activate it, and if you do sometimes the thing
does not build anymore, because the if-ed out code has been dead for
umpteen months and is incompatible with the current cvs.

Not a job for a janitor, you need a real 'surfaces technician with
Procter&Gamble certification' :-)

--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director