[Ffmpeg-devel] Compiler error in latest CVS

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Fri Mar 24 17:11:22 CET 2006

Hi,

On 3/24/06, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:
> After the latest snow optimizations, I get this compiler error:
>
> i386/snowdsp_mmx.c: In function ?ff_snow_vertical_compose97i_sse2?:
> i386/snowdsp_mmx.c:490: error: PIC register ?%ebx? clobbered in ?asm?
> i386/snowdsp_mmx.c: In function ?ff_snow_vertical_compose97i_mmx?:
> i386/snowdsp_mmx.c:597: error: PIC register ?%ebx? clobbered in ?asm?
> make[2]: *** [snowdsp_mmx.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/mythtv-svn/mythtv/libs/libavcodec'
> make[1]: *** [sub-libavcodec] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/mythtv-svn/mythtv/libs'
> make: *** [sub-libs] Error 2
>
> gcc 4.0.1 on FC4.  It doesn't error on my gcc 3.2.2 system on RH9

Looks like libavcodec can't be compiled as dynamic library with these
optimizations. Do you have a way to have MythTV user static version of
lavc?

Guillaume

is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to
make him really know what he's talking about.