[Ffmpeg-devel] libavcodec undefined symbols in FFusion?

Alexander Strange astrange
Tue Mar 28 02:13:33 CEST 2006

On Mar 27, 2006, at 6:50 PM, Lee Morgan wrote:

> Hi all, I'm new to libavcodec; and fairly new to codecs in general.
> I'm trying to update the FFusion code to the newest version of
> libavcodec (and add support for H.264 in the process).

Supporting H.264 well might require using the new QuickTime 7 APIs.
This is a pain since like everything QuickTime, the documentation is
so poor it might as well not be there.

> However when I try to build FFusion with the newest libavcodec I
> get about a dozen undefined symbols such as...
> _av_crc07
> _av_crc_init
> _ff_gcd
> _av_crc
> _ff_log2_tab

This is from libavutil, which didn't exist when FFusion was last
updated.

> _uncompress
> _inflate
> _deflate

These are from zlib (/usr/lib/libz.dylib).

> _crc32

Not sure, but probably either one of those libraries.