[Ffmpeg-devel] FFMPEG RTSP for Windows

Michael A. Kohn mike
Tue Mar 28 23:08:15 CEST 2006

> Out of curiosity, what are the relative default buffer sizes for Windows
> and Linux (and other OSs, if you know or can redirect me to a web page).

Here is the web page page I found this info:

http://www.29west.com/docs/THPM/thpm.html

Altho when I run: sysctl net.core.rmem_max on my  Linux 2.6.14 (AMD64)
system i get: net.core.rmem_max = 116736

On the Windows side, I kept trying to do:

t=getsockopt(udp_fd, SOL_SOCKET, SO_RCVBUF, &tmp, sizeof(tmp));

but this always returned an error... (even tho setsockopt on it does work)
so I dont know the original size of the Windows buffer.

one thing to note too.. if what I read is right, SO_SNDBUF and SO_RCVBUF
on TCP work the same as it does on Unix, however on UDP these two still
set the outgoing buffer size.. Winsock has a SO_MAX_MSG_SIZE that adjusts
the UDP packet size, what SO_SNDBUF/SO_RCVBUF are supposed to do for UDP
on Unix if everything I've read is right..  if that's the case, then the
line that says:

if (setsockopt(udp_fd, SOL_SOCKET, SO_SNDBUF, &tmp, sizeof(tmp)) < 0)

in udp.c will need to be changed to SO_MAX_MSG_SIZE.

> I don't know anything about Winsock, but go ahead and send patches for
> any improvements you make. Send unified diffs: 'diff -Naur' or 'cvs diff
> -u'. If they're good changes then the patches ought to be considered.

I'm going to go ahead and get the latest cvs of everything and clean
my changes up and such and I'll go ahead make a diff.  Should i post
the output of the diff to the mailing list or ftp it to the mplayerhq.hu
incoming dir?

/mike