[Ffmpeg-devel] snow related files cause the compile of mplayer to crash on mac os x 10.3.9

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Wed Mar 29 09:52:50 CEST 2006

Ergzay wrote:
> I sent this to mplayer-users and they forwarded me here.
> A recent commit in the past 2 days of stuff regarding to snow causes
> mplayer to crash. When the compile gets to the part about snow gcc has

You mean that the compiler refuses to build code. And looks like it's
due it is quite strict (signed vs unsigned 0, other cast), could you
please check if it is possible to make it behave in a more relaxed way?
I DO hate to pollute with typecast w/out a reason.

> snow.c:3779: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
> snow.c:3779: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type

snow is getting cleaned, don't be afraid of warnings.

> This is for dsputil_snow_altivec.c that was added recently which now
> causes the error in the compile.
>
> ppc/dsputil_snow_altivec.c:729: error: incompatible types in assignment

gcc version?

lu