[Ffmpeg-devel] swscale import: new version

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Wed Mar 29 13:21:36 CEST 2006

Hi Michael,

On Sat, 2006-03-25 at 01:23 +0100, Luca Abeni wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> it took more time than expected, but I finally have the new version of
> the "import swscale" patch.
>
> I attach:
> 1) pixelformat-new.diff ---> moves enum PixelFormat from libavcodec to
> libavutil. Should be pretty safe; can it be applied?
> 2) newsws.diff ---> the new version of the ffmpeg patch. This one should
> not introduce any unneeded dependence between libavcodec and
> libswscale.
> 3) libsws.diff ---> a diff showing the modifications I did to swscale
> for importing it (I removed the Makefile part from it).
Since I did not hear any comments from you about these patches, I
presume I did something wrong (maybe my "smart idea" for solving the
av_{malloc, free, log} dependencies was not so smart?)... Let me
apologize about that.

I think we agreed that something like pixelformat-new.diff would be
accepted: can it be committed, or did I misunderstand something? If the
version with enum PixelFormat in a new header file is preferred, I can
rework the patch in such way (any suggestions about the header name?).

If you point me to the problems with my last patchset, I'll try to
generate a new one (well, before beginning to work on importing swscale
I told you that you'll have to be patient ;-).
There's no hurry (I'll not be able to work on this before the weekend);
I am just trying to understand if there is something wrong with the
patches, or if I only need to wait.

			Thanks,
				Luca