[Ffmpeg-devel] Illegal instruction error for ffmpeg and x264 on Intel iMac

Laine Lee llee
Fri Mar 31 22:11:16 CEST 2006

On 3/31/06 2:03 PM, "Guillaume POIRIER" <poirierg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Odd, that means that the program has exited normally. Check your cpu
> temp to see if it's not overheating. this could your problem.

No, everything is normal. This problem is definitely code related. I can go
back and forth instantly between the Intel build and the PPC build of x264
and failure is specific to the Intel build. Everything works perfectly for
the PPC build with the exception that it is slower than when I perform the
command on a Power Mac G4.

--
Laine Lee