[Ffmpeg-devel] snow related files cause the compile of mplayer to crash on mac os x 10.3.9

Ergzay ergzay
Fri Mar 31 22:46:19 CEST 2006

On 2006/03/31, at 15:28, Luca Barbato wrote:

> Ergzay wrote:

>>> Fixed now, hopefully.
>>>
>>> Could you please benchmark it on osx please?
>> Benchmark? How would I go about doing that?
>> Ergzay
>
> ffplay -debug 2 file 2>log
>
>  with altivec enabled and with altivec disabled could be ok
>
> another way could be run a file on mplayer and measure the cpu %
>
> All I need to know if my hacks helped a bit or snow is still a
> complete pain.

Well I might remind you I am compiling mplayer here and not ffmpeg
itself, just using ffmpeg's codecs and filters. I have no files that
use snow. I had never heard of snow other than in ffmpeg and whenever I
ask people no one knows what it is. To add to that when mplayer
compiles it always spits out lots of warnings when it hits snow.c I
personally would prefer to not compile it but mplayer compiles it
automatically.
So as I said I have no files which use it so I can't benchmark. I also
am unsure how to turn on or off the altivec for just snow and not the
rest of mplayer.

Ergzay