[Ffmpeg-devel] Two ASF related bugs and fixes

Guillaume Poirier gpoirier
Tue May 9 10:41:02 CEST 2006

Hi,

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 05:11:06PM +0300, emild at cs.technion.ac.il wrote:

>>I have found two bugs related to ffmpeg's ASF file format.
>>
>>1) The first bug has to do with the ASF writer. The problem is caused by the
>>fact that the size of the padding is not adjusted to include the size of
>>the padding length field. This causes the last byte of the payload to be
>>overwritten with zeroes before it is written to disk, thus yielding an invalid
>>bitstream.
>>mplayer and even ffmpeg complain when such streams are passed to them.
>

> i think asf_packet_size_left should be set correctly in put_frame()
> not be changed later because one field length has been forgotten ...
>
> also note that the regression test checksums if they change must be
> included in the patch
>

> [...]
>

>>2) The second bug has to do with the ASF file format reader. The reader ignores
>>the size of the ASF data object and keeps on reading even beyond it. Therefore
>>if the ASF file includes an index object at its end, the reader will treat the
>>index like data, but of course will fail since it thinks that the data is
>>corrupted. When reading an asf file with an index object, ffmpeg will complain
>>at the end of the file that it read an invalid header.
>

> patch ok i think (after remocing tabs and such of coarse)
>
> [...]

What's the status of these patches? I don't think they have been
committed, but I may have missed it.

Did I understand correctly that out of the two patches, only the
second was ok?

Emil, it would be good if you could to fix the first patch, according
to Michael's comments, please.

Guillaume