[Ffmpeg-devel] MOV demuxer issue
Thu May 11 14:23:53 CEST 2006
We found a quicktime file that is demuxed incorrectly by libavformat
ftp://uleguadv:refulavi at ftp.divxnetworks.com/HDseenoevil1-720p.mov
Symptoms: when you try to remux the audio to a .aac (m4a) file, the file
is 13 MB long. And it doesn't play correctly in all AAC decoders I
tried. The MOV file plays fine in VLC (which has its own MOV demuxer).
If I remux the file in MKV (plays fine) and then extract the .aac
content (657 KB), it plays fine too.
./ffmpeg -i /C/test/DivX/HDseenoevil1-720p.mov -vn -acodec copy toto.aac
After some investigations I noticed that at some point in the file the
pkt extracted is 325500 bytes big, which is a lot for an AAC frame. So I
assume this is a problem in the demuxer. Given other demuxers have no
problem with that file.
More information about the ffmpeg-devel