[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Problems linking libraries into ffmpeg

Wolfram Gloger wmglo
Sun May 14 11:14:12 CEST 2006

Hi,

> ffmpeg $ ./ffmpeg
> dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libfaac.0.dylib
>    Referenced from: /Users/jochs/Documents/Development/Tivo/ffmpeg/./
> ffmpeg
>    Reason: image not found
> Trace/BPT trap
>
> What part of "--enable-static --disable-shared" is it (or am I) not
> understanding here?

These switches control the building of libraries of the source package
in question (ffmpeg) and not the use of external libraries.

> I don't want any library dependencies when done;
> I want a standalone binary if at all possible.

I'd suggest you install the external libraries without shared objects
somewhere (possibly removing .so/.dynlib links), and use that location
in the extra ldflags for ffmpeg.

Regards,
Wolfram.