[Ffmpeg-devel] Win32 Compile Problem

Brian Brice bbrice
Fri May 19 18:22:48 CEST 2006

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 02:38:50PM -0500, Brian Brice wrote:
>> I've been trying to compile ffmpeg with mp3lame support, and so far it
>> hasn't worked as planned.  I have lame's headers and libraries installed
>> in nonstandard directories, and I thought that I'd be able to specify
>> these locations with ffmpeg's configure script.  Unfortunately for the
>> Win32 build, the options set with --extra-ldflags are always overwritten.
>>
>> Here's a possible patch to fix it(?):
>
> Here's a cleaner one, please let me know if it works for you.

I don't think that syntax is correct.. at least that's what you use in a
make file, not shell script:

./configure: @:.dll=.def: command not found
./configure: SLIBSUF: command not found
./configure: SLIBNAME:=.dll.a: command not found

LDFLAGS showed up as -Wl,--output-def,,--out-implib,lib-Wl,--warn-common
-L/home/bbrice/lame-3.96.1-bin/lib in config.mak - which I don't think
is correct.  Should the line in the patch be the following instead?

LDFLAGS='-Wl,--output-def,$(@:.dll=.def),--out-implib,lib$(SLIBNAME:$(SLIBSUF)=.dll.a)'
$LDFLAGS

Also, within libavutil/Makefile, LDFLAGS is always overwritten, no
matter what LDFLAGS is in config.mak

--
Brian Brice
In order to know recursion, you must first know recursion...