[Ffmpeg-devel] CVS --> Subversion conversion, test repository

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue May 23 11:18:24 CEST 2006

Hi

On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 08:00:49AM +0200, matthieu castet wrote:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:

> >>Why not svn over ssh ie svn+ssh://
> >

> >This requires real user accounts for all committers.
> >
> Yes but you already have them for cvs ?

yes on mphq1, on mphq2 there will be no cvs AFAIK

> Don't tell me you were using pserver for cvs.

for anonnymous it has to be used, for write access its obviously not an
option ...

> The advantages are :
> - ssh is know to be secure and heavily tested/audited.

ssh had its exploitable bugs too ...

the disadvantage is that every guy who sent 2 or 3 good patches might
get a account on the server, thats a big security issue, it practically
makes all local sec holes remote ones ...

Michael