[Ffmpeg-devel] Accepted SoC Apps

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Thu May 25 22:35:08 CEST 2006

Bobby Bingham wrote:

> I was one of the applicants that didn't get accepted (Dirac decoder),
> but I'll probably be working on it anyway.  Just a heads up that I'll
> probably be popping up to ask questions periodically.

I'm the one proposing it and I could help you. My main reason to start
working on dirac is just that it could help also getting (and maybe
implementing) new features for Snow, not to mention the fact the dirac C
implementation is progressing nicely and the specification (current rc
draft) is quite easy to follow (even if huge).

That said, snow and dirac are both opensource and probably could improve
together (in commonly developed features and documentation).

Currently snow needs more attention and dirac more optimizations.

lu

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC