[Ffmpeg-devel] New or not supported codec in avi

Diego Biurrun diego
Fri May 26 22:22:00 CEST 2006

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 09:23:36PM +0200, Louise Hoffman wrote:
> Dear developers =)
>
> I have uploaded an AVI file to
> ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/new_or_not_supported_codec_in_avi
>
> that
>
> * MPlayer can't decode the video or audio
> * Xine can decode the first second of the video, but not the audio
> * Totem can not decode the video, but can decode the audio
>
> perhaps you can figure something out? =)

Hmm, I can play that file without problems, it's MP3 audio and H.264
video in an AVI container.  MPlayer and vlc play it without problems,
xine crashes, but I don't have the latest version.

I suggest you upgrade your players, maybe you have a broken distribution
package or something.

> Lots of love,
> Louise

:)