[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: [Ffmpeg-cvslog] r6396 - trunk/doc/TODO

Panagiotis Issaris takis.issaris
Mon Oct 2 12:53:00 CEST 2006

Hi,

Op zaterdag 30 september 2006 23:30, schreef Benjamin Larsson:
>[...]
> >
> > I'm a bit surprised... There has been at least 2 revisions of a patch
> > to add a H.264 encoder submitted to ffmpeg ML... If getting an h264 is
> > part of our charismatic leader's vision, why hasn't it gotten more
> > attention?
> > It is just a question of spending enough time on it to have a
> > "mergeable" patch, or was the featured patch just too messy to be
> > worth the effort?
> >
> > Guillaume
>
> There was no motion estimation in it. And quite much work would be
> needed to factor out the needed motion estimation code. That is what I
> recall.
There was motion estimation in it, but it was an own implementation.

Furthermore, Michael reviewed the patch, and made a lot of remarks,
but I haven't send a new patch addressing these remarks yet. I will send such
a patch this evening or tomorrow.

I have not integrated the MotionEstContext and related functions though...

With friendly regards,
Takis