[Ffmpeg-devel] Undefined reference to mpegts_parse_open/close/packet

Unga unga888
Mon Oct 2 16:43:41 CEST 2006

--- Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski
<dominik at rangers.eu.org> wrote:

> muxers,
> codecs.
> > >
> > > What are "open codecs"?

> > > I repeat:
> > >
> > >   If you wish to get rid of patented codecs, the
> solution
> > >   is to disable *all*, not enable a few select
> ones.
> > >
> > > Notice the word "all".
> >
> > What I want to enable are following:
> > 1. oggvorbis
> > 2. flac
> > 3. mjpeg
> > 4. png
> > 5. ppm
> > 6. pgmyuv
> > 7. huffyuv
> > 8. ffvhuff
> > 9. ffv1
> > 10. dvvideo
> > 11. rawvideo
> > 12. pcm
> >
> > There are over 40 can be selected.
>
> What makes you think there are no patents covering
> the above codecs?
>
> > I'm bit confused now. You are telling me disable
> > *all*.
> > The --disable-encoders --disable-decoders
> > --disable-muxers --disable-demuxers
> --disable-parsers
> > does that. So how to enable what I want after
> that?
> > Are you telling me what I want ONLY cannot be
> enabled,
> > I have to enable what I do not want too?
>
> There are no useful codecs not covered by patents.
> That's why
> Diego said *all*.

Dominik, thanks for the reply. Please forget about
patents. I'm sorry for that. Could you please tell me
if you know how to enable what I want and rest how to
disable in ffmpeg?

Best Regards
Unga