[Ffmpeg-devel] Latest SVN FFmpeg doesn't compile using GCC 2.96 under Redhat 7.3

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik
Thu Oct 5 00:21:54 CEST 2006

On Saturday, 30 September 2006 at 02:03, Pixelib Team wrote:
> First of all, FFmpeg 0.4.9 pre1 has ever been compiled using GCC
> 2.96successfully at Redhat
> 7.3 even though there were lots of warning messages.
> Recently, I have been trying to compile the latest svn version of FFmpeg
> couples of weeks, unfortunately, after showing lots of warning messages, the
> compile process did hang there and nothing happened again.
> any idea ?

How long have you waited? Compiling some parts of ffmpeg takes a lot of time.
Can you verify using top if gcc is doing something or just idling?
Warnings can be safely ignored. It's the errors that make compilation fail.

MPlayer developer and RPMs maintainer: http://rpm.greysector.net/mplayer/
oppression to develop psychic muscles.