[Ffmpeg-devel] Using tcp:// url as output protocol

Silvano Galliani kysucix kysucix
Thu Oct 5 13:28:43 CEST 2006

Hi.
I would like to send my encoded video throut a tcp socket.
I tryed with:

output_format = guess_stream_format ("avi", "tcp ://hostname:port, NULL);

but it doesn't find the correct output format.

I tryed also with udp://. It goes but no udp packet is sent (I tested it
with tcpdump)

ffmpeg -formats|grep tcp show me that network protocols are available.

Is there any particular info I should know?

I tryed also with udp://. It goes but no udp packet is sent (I tested it
with tcpdump)

Best regards
kysucix