Advocating periodic releases (was: Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Fwd: Request ...)

Mikhail Teterin mi+mx
Fri Oct 6 00:22:03 CEST 2006

>   I think you fail to understand the difference between the notions of a
> Project and a Product.

I don't see, how this distinction is relevant to my request to have periodic
(semi-)stable releases of ffmpeg available for download.

> Cinerella would be a product, just like the Linux kernel is a project

Both Cinerella and Linux kernel have releases.

Whether ffmpeg is a project or a product, there need to be releases of it to
facilitate porting and to make it easier for applications (products?) to rely
on the already built/installed version instead of bundling their own.

Thanks for your time,

	-mi