[Ffmpeg-devel] mpegaudiodec.c and armv5te optimizations

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka
Fri Oct 6 21:12:23 CEST 2006

On 10/5/06, Benjamin Larsson <banan at student.ltu.se> wrote:

> I created some some software that could be used to test audio. Look
> through the archives. The best solution would be to fix my patches to
> tiny_psnr.c.

Thanks, is it this patch?
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2006-April/010279.html

Is see it is at least partially committed already. I'm not sure about
the part still not in SVN, do I really need it?

What I'm having troubles now with is shift value. I tried to encode
some wav file ripped from CD with lame and decode it with different
decoders (using mplayer, -ac mad, -ac ffmp3, -ac mp3). They all are
quite similar to each other (according to tiny_psnr stats), but have a
major difference from the original file, probably because of shift.
And I have difficulties with figuring this shift out. I'll try to make
an automatic shift detection patch for tiny_psnr.c to solve this
problem.