[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Advocating periodic releases

Attila Kinali attila
Fri Oct 6 21:54:42 CEST 2006

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 20:55:59 +0200
Panagiotis Issaris <takis.issaris at uhasselt.be> wrote:

> What would be accepted? Not PHP, okay, but Ruby, Python or ...?

C/C++ (unless it's bloat), perl, python look ok to me.
(C/C++ is actualy a borderline, because it really depends on
how well you write it). I haven't seen any ruby code sofar,
but i assume that those people who write ruby come from
the real programming world and not from the web "programming"
world and thus know what it needs to write something more or
less secure.

I don't really have anything against php. I've written
a web based application in php myself. It's just that 99%
of the php code out there is written by people who have
no clue about programming. Especialy not about secure programming.
And as nobody has the time to do a full security review of
such code, i stick with my generalization and dump all php
code into the same bin.

Java falls here out, because there is no way how you could
write java that is not bloat, although it might be very secure.

			Attila Kinali

--
egp ist vergleichbar mit einem ikea bausatz fuer flugzeugtraeger
			-- reeler in +kaosu