[Ffmpeg-devel] benchmark of different CABAC routines

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Oct 10 14:34:14 CEST 2006

Hi

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 02:24:07PM +0200, Guillaume Poirier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >>
> >>When you say "branchless", which one are you using specificly? I
> >>assume it's the one on by default on SVN code, isn't it?
> >>Or is it the asm code with cmov in it?
> >

> > branchless is the stuff which is used if BRANCHLESS_CABAC_DECODER is defined
>

> Dam, am I tired and sleepy. I meant to say: when you say "asm":
> There are a lot of asm routines available (one of them being on by
> default)... so is the one you used the default one or the one with cmov?

renorm_cabac_decoder_once used the default (=c code) in all cases and anyway
only the not branchless c decoder should be affected by
renorm_cabac_decoder_once() optimizations, the others will call
renorm_cabac_decoder_once only in get_cabac_terminate() which isnt
called that often (and not at all in the code between START/STOP_TIMER IIRC)