[Ffmpeg-devel] benchmark of different CABAC routines

Víctor Paesa wzrlpy
Tue Oct 10 17:18:08 CEST 2006

Hi,
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 01:28:24PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>>
>> BRANCHLESS C -march=athlon -mcpu=athlon -mtune=athlon
>> 4908 dezicycles in decode_residual, 2094945 runs, 2207 skipsbits/s dup=0
>> drop=0
>>
>> BRANCHLESS C
>> 5558 dezicycles in decode_residual, 2094664 runs, 2488 skipsbits/s dup=0
>> drop=0
>>
>> ill also run benchmarks on an athlon later if noone is quicker, but ive
>> no P4
>>

>> offtopic ... but can someone fix ffmpeg/configure so it sets
>> march/mtune/mcpu ?
> According to the GCC manual, march implies mtune, and mcpu is a
> (deprecated)
> synonym for mtune. Here, my "configure --tune=athlon" sets the -march
> parameter,
> so that should be enough, no?

I understand it the other way, if you set -march, it gets tuned
automatically for that CPU.
If you set -mtune=athlon, it will use only the instruction set of a i386,
in the order best tuned for Athlon.

Regards,
V?ctor