[Ffmpeg-devel] amr file support fix

Simon Morlat simon.morlat
Mon Oct 9 21:24:11 CEST 2006

Hello,

While using libavformat to read AMR and AMR-WB files in my application, I
noticed that the 'pts' (presentation timestamp) field of the returned
AVPacket was not set (actually set to zero all the time).
After some digging in the code I found that the AVPacket::duration field was
not set, and the time_base was left to a probable default value (1/90000)
which is usual for video but very unusual for audio.

Here is a very little patch that fixes those issues. It was generated
with 'svn diff' today.
It sets the time_base to 1/8000 for amr and 1/16000 for amr-wb, and makes the
pts incrementing respectively by 160 and 320, just by setting
AVPacket::duration.
I'll be pleased if it could be merged in the svn tree.
Thanks a lot,

Simon