[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] TIFF image decoder

Justin Ruggles jruggle
Wed Oct 11 21:04:16 CEST 2006

Kostya wrote:
> Here is another image format support. For now it's 24-bpp only.

Nice!  I've written a TIFF decoder for use with digital camera files,
but it never occured to me that FFmpeg might be in need of TIFF
decoding.  I can definitely contribute, as it seems this patch just has
basic support.  It looks good so far though.  There are some crazy TIFF
files out there in the wild, but Baseline 6.0 + LZW and Deflate is
probably enough for FFmpeg's purposes I would think.  And maybe
JPEG-in-TIFF and YUV (or YCbCr as TIFF calls it).

Anyway, nice work Kostya!

-Justin