[Ffmpeg-devel] Shorten audio FourCC

Diego Biurrun diego
Fri Oct 13 11:45:27 CEST 2006

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 10:44:42AM +0200, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:

> Diego Biurrun wrote:
> >
> > I've committed shrn as ID and a FIXME comment that outlines the problem.
> > Reimar and Roberto are with me on this and Michael as well if I
> > understood his mail right.
> >
> > Mans, please don't be angry, as soon as we have 16 bit IDs for all
> > codecs we shall resolve this issue properly.
>
> I was also against this.

Right.

> I bet this won't be fixed in a short time, since it is working now.

It will be fixed as soon as we have 16-bit IDs for all the missing
formats.  Nobody had one for Shorten and making up an arbitrary one,
hmmmm.

In any case we will need a more general framework in the future since
some formats expect audio FourCCs, not TwoCCs, and we should be able to
convert between the two ..

Diego