[Ffmpeg-devel] VP6 encoder

Tobias Marx superoverdrive
Sun Oct 22 19:31:15 CEST 2006

> Proprietary software is always unreasonable, regardless of whether the
> price is low, high, or nothing at all. This is completely unopen to
> debate. The scum who make this stuff need to be driven out of
> business. Just look what happened with libvp6...
>
> Rich

on2 is still cheaper then legally using MPEG4. You only pay for encoding
the rest is free. The older codecs are completely free to use. They were done because MPEG4 was too expensive. If you are using MPEG4 you might end up paying up to 1,000,000 USD of licensing fees or 0,25 USD per played video due to the patent situation.

If anyone knows an alternative to MPEG4 and vp6 let me know...

Tobias