[Ffmpeg-devel] [Fwd: A question about v4l2 interface for ffmpeg]

Benjamin Zores ben
Sun Oct 22 20:20:39 CEST 2006

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 18:02:40 +0200
Luca Abeni <lucabe72 at email.it> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I received this email about a problem with v4l2 input.
> The problem seems to be that compressed video input is not supported
> (and the reporter's video grabbing card does not support uncompressed
> video).
>
> I currently have no time to implement support for compressed video in
> v4l2.c, but maybe someone else might want to have a look at it.

Just for your information, V4L2 support of MPEG compressed stream is pretty new
as being introduced with Linux 2.6.18.
MPlayer has support for them (through pvr:// interface) but due to the extremely
recent requirements it involves, i guess only few people will care about atm.

Ben

--
"My life, and by extension everyone else's is meaningless."
Bender, Futurama