[Ffmpeg-devel] FreeBSD 6.1 amd64 and current SVN

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò flameeyes
Mon Oct 23 16:14:16 CEST 2006

On Sunday 22 October 2006 18:25, Tatu Kilappa wrote:
> # if __FreeBSD__ >= 502100
>
> This tests for the ioctl_meteor.h and ioctl_bt848.h location on newer
> FreeBSD revisions. However, __FreeBSD__ equals 6 in 6.1, which will
> cause the compilation to fail. Changing the line to
>
> # if __FreeBSD__ >= 502100 || __FreeBSD__ == 6
Actually, this is GCC dependent I'm afraid, as __FreeBSD__ is in the default
defines of the compiler. Most likely the GCC 3.4 shipped with base system and
the ones shipped with ports use different ways to define __FreeBSD__. Using
it to desume the version is not correct anyway, instead one should use the
__FreeBSD_version macro from <osreldate.h>:

#define __FreeBSD_version 602100

this is from a 6.2-BETA2 insteall.

> Also, search from /usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib is not enabled
> by default, which will cause ALL configure probes to fail, but this is
> probably an user (mine) error, as people should probably have
> -I/usr/local/include and -L/usr/local/lib in their C- and LDFLAGS.
/usr/local/* is used only from ports, that is not the only way to install
software on a FreeBSD system, most likely it should be local because it might
be disruptive to force looking there on systems where /usr is used instead.

> You could also add a note in the FAQ about the link order. If an user
> is stupid enough to issue `pkg-config --libs avcodec` and `pkg-config
> --libs avformat` simultaneously, this will cause the linking to fail
> crypticly, as -lavutil is in the command line before -lavformat. It took
> me quite a while to figure out I only need to check for avformat.
Can you post the error? Because it seems pretty strange that this way it
failed, as -lavutil should have been more than one time in the linking line.

I should probably check again the current SVN now that Luca committed
the --as-needed thing and it should be fixed (especially considering I have
to fix his snapshot in portage too :P).

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Petten? - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Sound, ALSA, PAM, KDE, CJK, Ruby ...