[Ffmpeg-devel] access to h264 stream in the decoder

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Mon Oct 23 19:11:50 CEST 2006

Hi

Luca Barbato wrote:
> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> Benoit Fouet said:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> first, as it is the first time I write in here, i'd like to thank every
>>> people involved in this project for the work done (and hope i could help
>>> some day).
>>>
>>> What i want to do is to extract the h.264 elementary stream from a
>>> mpeg4/3GP container.
>>> Is there a way to do it easily ?
>> No, and this question belongs on ffmpeg-users.
>>

> If it is how as in code snippet it could belong (and I would find useful
> too) if is how as in ffmpeg -i file.mp4 -vcodec copy out.m4v or
> equivalent...
>
> lu

Well problem with H264 in mp3/3gp is special NAL formatting and SPS/PPS
in extradata, to export raw H264 streams from those containers you need
a bitstream filter.

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312