[Ffmpeg-devel] RTP patches & RFC

Guillaume Poirier gpoirier
Thu Oct 26 20:39:12 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Oct 26, 2006, at 4:29 , Ryan Martell wrote:

> On Oct 26, 2006, at 3:57 AM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 09:02:10PM -0500, Ryan Martell wrote:
>>>
>>> On Oct 25, 2006, at 7:56 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>>>
>>> So, barring the above two, here's the newest patch.  (I really want
>>> to get this in, so I can get working on the h264 stuff.  I'm still
>>> having an audio sync issue, and I've also found a bug in the rtp/aac
>>> stuff (mono doesn't work) that i've fixed...)
>>
>> [...]
>>> +        if(s->st && s->dynamic_packet_handler) {
>>> +            return s->dynamic_packet_handler(s, pkt, 0, NULL, 0);
>> [...]
>>> +    RTPDynamicProtocolHandler *dynamic_handler; ///< Only valid
>>> if it's a dynamic protocol. (This is the handler structure)
>>> +    void *dynamic_protocol_data; ///< Only valid if it's a
>>> dynamic protocol. (This is any private data associated with the
>>> dynamic protocol)
>> [...]
>>
>>> +                rtsp_st->dynamic_handler= handler;
>>> +                if(handler->protocol_new_extradata_proc) {
>>> +                    rtsp_st->dynamic_protocol_data= handler-
>>> +                }
>> [...]
>>
>> these amongth other havnt been renamed while the ones in the
>> struct have
>> been so i think this wont compile ...
>
> Oops.  Wrong patch.  I svn diff'd in the libavformat directory, and
> sent you the old one from the root directory.  I swear I'll get
> better at this! (I did verify it all compiled before I made the
> patch...)

Compiles, doesn't seem to break [previously working] regression tests.

I had to fix a bunch of trailing spaces and tabs in your file, which
isn't fun. Next time Ryan, please check for tabs and trailing spaces
before sending your patch. You can do so with VIM by using list mode:
	:set list

Also, I fixed the copyright author and date in rtp_internal.h to
credit you rather that Fabrice (maybe I should have put my name in it
instead, well....).

Patch applied

Guillaume (aka The minion From Frogistan)