[Ffmpeg-devel] Call for volunteers to write NUT de/muxer for libavformat

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Oct 31 23:52:50 CET 2006

Hi

On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 02:33:34PM -0800, Mike Melanson wrote:
> Oded Shimon wrote:
> >What does Hachoir mean? And what do you mean by standalone parser? libnut
> >is already a standalone demuxer. A de/muxer for libavformat is necessary.
>
> Check hachoir.org -- a neat framework for parsing file formats for
> studying and other purposes.
>
> >Make them yourself from either ogg vorbis files or mpeg-4+mp3+avi files
> >using nutmerge - svn co svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/nut/
>
> Is it too much to ask for you to mux some simple sample files and make
> them available on samples.mplayerhq.hu? They must have several megabytes
> free for this type of thing. I get a lot more interested in new formats
> when I can study actual samples. And I'm extremely lazy and hate making
> my own samples.

i fully agree, we should have some nut samples
someone (not me iam lazy) should mux some free video and audio into nut
(or just grab a camera and film something funny like what happens with
an egg in the microwave or something else where AV synch can be seen)