[Ffmpeg-devel] libavcodec/libavformat questions

mgberry at ellipticity.com mgberry
Fri Sep 1 15:08:59 CEST 2006

I posted this on the users group and I realized I should have been
asking this group.  I've been fighting with a series of questions that
I was hoping
someone could help me answer.

1.I have been using the ffmpeg package for slackware with no problems.
   I think the build was 11/2005.  I recently switched the latest
source revision and built project.  Now my sound does not work and the
video is garbled using ffplay.   This is in a attempt to run a file
that uses the svq3 codec. I have run up and down the halls (not
literally) trying to figure this out with no results.  Any thoughts?

2.I am assuming that mplayer builds it own libs and does not use the
libs that I built in ffmpeg.  In looking at the source it appears to
be packaged and built with the source tree.  Is this correct?  ldd
does not show any links to libavcodec or libavformat.

3.I have been trying to access the shared libs using some sample
source from
http://www.inb.uni-luebeck.de/~boehme/using_libavcodec.html  It would
not compile and  I changed one of the structs from .codec to ->codec.
That seemed to fix one of the problems but I cant seem to resolve the
others.  The errors are:

	avcodec_sample.0.4.9.cpp: In function `int main(int, char**)':
	avcodec_sample.0.4.9.cpp:92: error: cannot convert `AVCodecContext**' to `
     	AVCodecContext*' in assignment
	avcodec_sample.0.4.9.cpp:105: error: 'struct AVCodecContext' has no member
   	named 'frame_rate'
	avcodec_sample.0.4.9.cpp:105: error: 'struct AVCodecContext' has no member
   	named 'frame_rate_base'
	avcodec_sample.0.4.9.cpp:106: error: 'struct AVCodecContext' has no member
	named 'frame_rate_base'

Here is the config/versions:

configuration:  --prefix=/usr --enable-mp3lame --enable-libogg
--enable-vorbis --enable-faad --enable-faac --enable-xvid --enable-a52
--enable-pp --enable-shared --enable-pthreads --enable-gpl --enable-x264
    libavutil version: 49.0.0
    libavcodec version: 51.11.0
    libavformat version: 50.5.0
    built on Aug 31 2006 12:49:25, gcc: 3.3.6

Thanks a bunch!

Matt