[Ffmpeg-devel] overall license review - adding proper license headers

Diego Biurrun diego
Sun Sep 3 20:49:26 CEST 2006

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 07:16:03PM +0300, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 18:04 +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > > http://kino.cvs.sourceforge.net/kino/kino/src/dv1394.h?revision=1.1&view=markup
> >
> > It's a Linux kernel header and thus clearly GPL.  Interesting that Kino
> > is using it as LGPL.  Anybody from Kino listening to this?
>
> The username doing the Kino commit seems to match one of the author
> names in the file, so at least he should know its history.

I sent a mail to Dan Dennedy, he just answered and told me that the file
originated in libdv, which started out as GPL and then was switched to
LGPL:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=3273494&forum_id=5458
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=3320020&forum_id=5458

So I'm changing the licensing information of that file to LGPL.

Diego