[Ffmpeg-devel] fixing timestamps

Patrick Guimond patg
Wed Sep 6 20:26:25 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to fix packet timestamps on simple PCM formats. Many formats
are not setting them properly, namely wav, au, aiff, voc, sol, tta, raw
pcm, mmf, gxf and daud.

It seems many of these are using the raw pcm module, which needs to be
fixed too. Fixing it would change part of its behavior, for example like
avoiding to compute block alignment each time a seek is performed (as
currently done) and instead set it while parsing the header. But this
would break some of the formats using the pcm seek.

I've got no problem with fixing those formats using the pcm module at
the same time, but I wonder if a big patch will be accepted. So, should
a big patch updating all those formats be sent? Or should I fix them
independently, duplicating functionality in some cases and when over,
send a patch removing those duplications?

Thanks,
Patrick Guimond