[Ffmpeg-devel] 64-bit safety

Christian Bienia cbienia
Tue Sep 19 19:18:42 CEST 2006

Hi,

what's the current status of ffmpeg concerning 64bit safety? When I try
to compile ffmpeg on Linux/x86_64, I get errors from the assembler about
incorrect uses of the 'l' suffix for certain registers. If I compile
with CFLAGS and LDFLAGS set to "-m32", ffmpeg builds without any
problems, but it doesn't seem to work correctly (see my earlier
postings). What confuses me is that ffmpeg seems to build and run
correctly on my SPARC T1, which is a 64 bit CPU.

- Chris