[Ffmpeg-devel] Duplication of macros for 16-bit multiplication in many places

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Wed Sep 20 02:31:11 CEST 2006

Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> may i remind you of our development policy which says:
> "9. Do NOT commit to code actively maintained by others
> without permission. Send a patch to ffmpeg-devel instead.
> If noone answers within a reasonable timeframe (12h for build failures and
> security fixes, 3 days small changes, 1 week for big patches) then commit
> your patch if you think it's OK. Also note, the maintainer can simply ask
> for more time to review!"
>
> especially the 3 days for small changes part, and policy or not who on earth
> should react within a 4h timespan (think of people sleeping longer then 4h
> ...)

The headers are new and I'll extend the ppc one soon so I wanted them in
place, nobody complained and mans was ok about them since he could use
them too.

> a 4h delay is useless, either you are sure about what you do then you
> commit it or you are not then a delay of >1day is appropriate

The changes are just a reorder and the delay is just because I cannot
test it on arm.

lu

--

Luca Barbato