[Ffmpeg-devel] 640x480 iPod Baseline Low Complexity Profile

Panagiotis Issaris takis.issaris
Thu Sep 21 16:36:59 CEST 2006

Hi,

Op donderdag 21 september 2006 16:18, schreef Diego Biurrun:
> On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 04:09:10PM +0200, Panagiotis Issaris wrote:
> >
> > as you cannot accept thousands of target entries to be added to
ffmpeg.c :)

> They could go in some sort of header or configuration file, though..
Similar to the thing I attached? That's quiet similar to a configuration file,
no?

With the current patch, you'd need a profile-file for each device though. If
they would all be stored in some predefined directory -such
as /usr/share/ffmpeg/profiles- I would not see that as a true problem.
Ofcourse it is also possible to add sections to the file, something like:

[K750i]
b=192k
s=220x176
ar=64k
vcodec=mpeg4
acodec=aac

[N770]
b=800k
s=320x192
ar=128k
vcodec=mpeg4
acodec=mp3

Having it in the header would require me to recompile/relink for each
addition... :) And endusers would not be able to contribute as easily as with
profile files.

With friendly regards,
Takis