Tue Sep 26 03:42:43 CEST 2006
On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 03:01:13AM +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
> Rich Felker wrote:
> >On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 07:53:10PM +0200, Steve Lhomme wrote:
> >>We used to use iconv in DrDivX until we removed it in favour of the
> >>built-in windows function and we gain 400 KB of code...
> >This is due to shit implementation of iconv, not the concept of it. My
> >implementation is 2048 bytes...
> Publish it if is ready! (and import it in mplayer =P)
It's in my svn repo. However users of non-utf8-only systems won't like
it since it doesn't support converting _to_ legacy codepages, only
converting _from_ them. :) The legacy CJK conversion support is only
partially implemented (and untested) too, but once that's done the
code will still be well under 3k.
Anyway this implementation should do a plenty for the needs of a
program like ffmpeg, since when writing files you should always use
utf-8 or ascii anyway. But it wouldn't work well for MPlayer where
some users want to convert the messages to legacy codepages for their
More information about the ffmpeg-devel