[Ffmpeg-devel] Documentation for public use and internal use

Panagiotis Issaris takis.issaris
Tue Apr 3 16:14:13 CEST 2007

Hi,

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 02:47:36PM +0100, Panagiotis Issaris wrote:
>> I think it would be a good idea to have separate documentation for
>> public use, which would document the public API only for users of
>> libavcodec/libavformat/libavutil/libswscale. And separate documentation
>> for the FFmpeg developers which would be pretty much the same as the
>> current documentation. This should make it much easier to get started
>> and find documentation for users of the various FFmpeg libraries.
>>
>> To illustrate this, I've put up a webpage doing this:
>> http://lumumba.uhasselt.be/~takis/ffmpeg/
>
> Are you still working on this?
Currently not, but I'm planning to restart it as soon as I fixed the
three bugs I'm chasing in the H.264 encoder (one involving the
appearance of totally black blocks on certain specific images, one
involving gradual detoriation of image quality and a third involving
clipping because intra-predicted macro block (0,0) can only use DC
prediction [I'll possibly have to fix this by PCM encoding this block
when clipping would have to occur :-( ]).

With friendly regards,
Takis