[Ffmpeg-devel] ffmpeg and RTSP streaming

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Tue Apr 3 22:37:54 CEST 2007

Emna Chaabane wrote:
> Hi everybody;
> Plz, could you tell me if ffmpeg supports rtsp streaming.

ffplay supports rtsp but has some issues buffering enough to have a
smooth playback...

> In fact, I need to develop a player to Symbian OS which supports RTSP
> Streaming, unfortunately, I haven't found a documentation of how can I
> receive an RTP stream and how ffmpeg could help me to play it.

Keep in mind that rtp is a container and sadly you need to implement a
specific parser for each codec you want to support, ffmpeg has some
already in libavformat, but you may need to get more of them.

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC